Pomoc psychologiczna forum, lęk uogólniony forum, objawy,co to jest psychologia, kiedy do psychologa, psychologia i jej działy, psychologia i rzeczywistość, lęk terapia

Pomoc psychologiczna forum.

#1 2010-06-03 18:48:42

ona swoje wie

Administrator

Punktów :   

Przezwyciężanie leku i depresji

Overcoming Anxiety & Depression
Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 by Mel Schwartz, LCSW

A newly referred client came into my office some months ago and shared with me that she had struggled with anxiety her entire adult life. She had been in therapy with the same person for well over six years and had made little progress. I inquired as to what she had learned from their work together. If I actually had hair on the back of my neck, it no doubt would have stood straight up upon hearing her response. “He told me the best that we could do we be to try and manage my anxiety,” she offered. So many mental health professionals are literally trained to believe that matters of anxiety and depression can at best be managed, and often with the associated medication to achieve the lessening of symptoms. This speaks to their mindset of pathology and the absence of a deeper understanding of the relationship between thought and anxiety or depression. The limitations of such a worldview are limiting and produce a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure.
za:psychology.com

Stopka forum

RSS