Pomoc psychologiczna forum, lęk uogólniony forum, objawy,co to jest psychologia, kiedy do psychologa, psychologia i jej działy, psychologia i rzeczywistość, lęk terapia

Pomoc psychologiczna forum.

#1 2010-06-03 18:47:45

ona swoje wie

Administrator

Punktów :   

Depresja nie kłamie

Depression Doesn’t Lie
Monday, April 20th, 2009 by Dr. Terry Tempinski

One of the things I continue to be impressed with despite my 30 years of practice is how harsh we are toward ourselves when we are struggling in some way emotionally. It is really striking when you stop to think about it. Our response to our struggles is much kinder and wiser when we encounter physical problems. When we have a toothache, we swiftly get ourselves in to see the dentist. A bad cold? We try to get some antibiotics, drink fluids, and lay low. But depressed? Oh my!?!

I am well aware that no one goes to see a psychologist without many months of trying to overcome whatever is bothering them. This makes sense; we all try to forage ahead when the going gets tough. But unfortunately, when things do not improve, we are often not our own best friend. Here are some examples of the things I hear again and again:

I really have no reason to be depressed.
The reasons for my unhappiness are not going to change, so how can I feel any better?
Others have problems way worse than mine.
How can psychotherapy help anyway?
Therapy is for those who have failed and are weak.

Stopka forum

RSS